NCERT Solutions:- The Flamingo book of Class 12th Students has been developed for English Course. We are going to Provide you all important Questions and Answers with pdf of Chapter 6 Aunt Jennifer’s Tigers Written by Adrienne Rich.
|Book:||Flamingo Poetry English|
|Chapter:||Aunt Jennifer’s Tigers|
Aunt Jennifer’s Tigers Question and Answer
1. ” Aunt Jennifer’s tigers prance across a screen . Bright topaz denizens of a world of green . They do not fear the men beneath the tree ; They pace in sleek chivalric certainty . “
Questions 1. Are Aunt Jennifer’s tigers real ?
2. Write any figure of speech that is used in the given extract .
3. Why do the tigers not fear the man beneath the tree ?
1. No , Aunt Jennifer’s tigers are not real .
2. The figure of speech ‘ metaphor ‘ is used in the line ‘ Bright topaz denizens ‘ . Here tigers are compared with Bright topaz because of their elegant colour.
3. Aunt Jennifer’s tigers are a symbol of strength . They are not afraid of men because they are strong , bold and fearless .
2 . ” Aunt Jennifer’s fingers fluttering through her wool Find even the ivory needle hard to pull . The massive weight of Uncle’s wedding band Sits heavily upon Aunt Jennifer’s hand . “
1. What is Aunt Jennifer doing with her wool ?
2. Why does she find it difficult to pull her ivory needle ?
3. Which figure of speech is used in the line The massive weight of Uncle’s wedding band ‘ ?
1. Aunt Jennifer creating beautiful
images of the tigers with her wool ,
She found it difficult to pull her ivory neede because she was to terrorised and fortured that she was unable to carry the weight of the wool .
3. The figure of speech ‘ hyperbole ‘ is used in the given line . The weight of wedding band cannot be heavy . But it symbolises mental trauma of marriage .
Aunt Jennifer’s Tigers (Long Answers Type Questions)
Last Paragraph:- I hope your Questions & Answer problem was resolved by our AarohBook Team. We also thanking you for giving your precious time. Please visit again