NCERT Solutions:- The Flamingo book of Class 12th Students has been developed for English Course. We are going to Provide you all important Questions and Answers with pdf of Chapter 2 An Written by William Dauglas.
|Book:||Flamingo Poetry Eng|
|Chapter:||An Elementary School |
Classroom in a Slum
An Elementary School Classroom in a Slum
in a slum
– Stephen spender
1. Far far from gusty waves these children’s faces . Read the extracts given below and a Like rootless weeds , the hair torn round their pollar : The tall girl with her weighed – down head .
1. Who are these children ?
2. Which figure of speech is used in the line ‘ Far far from gusty waves these children’s faces ‘ ?
3. What has possibly weighed – down the tall girl’s head ?
1. These are the children of an elementary school classroom in a slum .
2 . The figure of speech ‘ metephor ‘ is used in the given line . As ‘ Gusty waves ‘ symbolises freedom and joy and children at the school lack to book of these .
3. The tall slim girl has her head bowed down as though she is exhausted physically because of malnutrition and emotionally because of poverty .
2. On sour cream walls , donations , Shakespeare’s head , Cloudless at dawn , civilized dome riding all cities . Belled , flowery , Tyrolese valley . Open – handed map Awarding the world its world .
1. What are the two things that show a civilized race ?
2. What is the specialty of the Tyrolese valley ?
3. Identify the figure of speech which is used in the line ‘ civilized dome riding all cities ‘ .
1. Shakespeare’s statue & the high rising dome are two things that show a civilized race .
2. The Tyrolese valley is belled and flowery .
3. The figure of speech ‘ personification ‘ is used he here as the word ride is used for humans . Here , it is used for ‘ civilized dome ‘ . ow :
3. Surely , Shakespeare is wicked , the map a bad example , with ships and sun and love tempting them to steal For lives that slyly turn in their cramped holes From fog to endless night ?
1. Why is Shakespeare wicked ?
2. Why is the map a bad example ?
3. Explain ” From fog to endless night ” .
1. Shakespeare is the epitome of high literary excellences but in the slum schools where hardly any learning takes place , the children are troubled by disease and despair , and literary training is a far cry . That is why Shakespeare has been described as wicked .
2. The children have never gone out of the slum , so the world map was meaningless in the classroom .
3. The expression describes the miserable and pathetic lives of the slum children . From foggy mornings till late nights these children make desperate attempts to live their life , sustaining it despite all odds . Their life is full of misery , hopelessness and suffering .
(Long Answers Type Questions)
Last Paragraph:- I hope your Questions & Answer problem was resolved by our AarohBook Team. We also thanking you for giving your precious time. Please visit again