NCERT Solutions:- The Flamingo book of Class 12th Students has been developed for English Course. We are going to Provide you all important Questions and Answers with pdf of Chapter 4 A Thing of Beauty Written by John Keats .
|Book:||Flamingo Poetry English|
|Chapter:||A Thing of Beauty|
A Thing of Beauty Question and Answer
A things of beauty is a joy forever Its loveliness increases , it will never Pass into nothingness ; but will keep A bower quiet for us , and a sleep Full of sweet dreams , and health , and quiet breathing . uestions w and
1. How is a thing of beauty a joy forever ?
2. Which figure of speech is used in the line ‘ A bower quiet for us ‘ ?
3. What kind of sleep does it provide ?
1. A thing of beauty is the source of constant joy . Its beauty goes on increasing . It will never pass int nothingness .
2. ‘ Metaphor ‘ is used in the given line as calmnes of the bower is compared to the calming effect a beautiful thing .
3. It provides us a sound sleep , full of sweet dreams , health and peaceful breathing .
2. Therefore , on every morrow , are we wreathing A flowery band to bind us to the earth , Spite of despondence , of the inhuman dearth of noble natures , of the gloomy days , of all the unhealthy and o’er – darkened ways Made for our searching : yes , in spite of all .
1. Why are we despondent ?
2. What removes the pall from our dark spirits ?
3. What are we doing every day ?
1. We possess the evil qualities of malice and disappointment . We suffer from the lack of noble qualities . That is why we feel despondent .
2. Some beautiful shapes or a thing of beauty removes the pall of sadness from our hearts a spirits .
We are weaving a flowery wreath to bind us to Answers the beauties of the earth .
3 . And such too is the grandeur of the dooms , We have imagined for the mighty dead ; All lovely tales that we have heard or read ; An endless fountain of immortal drink , Pouring unto us from the heaven’s brink .
Questions 2 .
1. Explain : ‘ the grandeur of the dooms ‘ . What does the poet mean by the mighty dead ?
3. Write any one figure of speech that is used in the given extract .
1. The grandeur of the dooms here refers to those glories and magnificence that the dead are entitled to , on the Dooms Day after their death .
2. The poet refers to our powerful and great ancestors here .
3. The figure of speech ‘ metaphor ‘ is used in the line ‘ An endless fountain of immortal drink ‘ . It means beautiful objects of nature are forever like a never – ending portion of a drink .
A Thing of Beauty (Long Answers Type Questions)
Last Paragraph:- I hope your Questions & Answer problem was resolved by our AarohBook Team. We also thanking you for giving your precious time. Please visit again